Thursday, March 11, 2021,
In this full-day high-touch, hands-on workshop, you'll
learn effective strategies for researching and writing foundation grants.
This workshop combines lecture, group discussion, and hands-on activities to reinforce course material.
You'll practice with more than a dozen exercises and leave with new ideas and actual writing samples that can be incorporated in your next grant proposal.
The focus of this workshop is foundation grants.
(State and federal grants are not part of this program.)
Nonprofit Staff, Board Members, and Volunteers
Beginners and Advanced Beginners
You can expect to learn the following:
- Philanthropy in the U.S. where do grants fit in?
- The Logic Model what is it and why you need one?
- How to go beyond Google in your grant research determining who to ask and how much to request
- 5 questions you must answer in every grant proposal
- How to write these essential elements and more:
The need statement
Goals, objectives and outcomes
- What happens after you submit your proposal
- What to do when you get the grant (and when you don't)