Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
There's more to grant writing than just "writing." A lot more.
This half-day workshop
covers the basics of foundation grant research and grant writing. You'll learn how to find your best prospects and write your own grant proposals.
This workshop combines lecture, group discussion, and hands-on activities to reinforce course material.
The focus of this workshop is foundation grants.
(State and federal grants are not part of this program.)
Nonprofit Staff, Board Members, and Volunteers
Beginners and Advanced Beginners
You can expect to learn the following:
- How grants fit in the "big picture" of nonprofit funding
- How to find and qualify your best grant prospects
- Demos of 2 popular research databases and one (free!) research tool
- 5 questions you must answer in every grant proposal
- Budget basics
- 20 easy and effective ways to improve your writing
- 10 reasons why you might not apply for a grant
This workshop includes the popular "Ask Me Anything" segment, based on Laura's experience as a grant maker and a grant seeker.
Event registration is limited.