An estimated 90% of foundations don't have websites.
That means if Google is the only research tool you're using, you're only scratching the surface of grant possibilities.
The truth is, when it comes to grant writing, there's a lot more to it than just "writing." Successful writing starts with effective research.
In this session, you'll learn about the one of the most important and most overlooked parts of grant writing.
Participants will learn how to research foundations to find their very best grant prospects. Learn the questions you need to ask (and answer) before applying for your next grant.
||Nonprofit Staff, Board Members, and Volunteers
You can expect to learn the following:
- Why research is the foundation of successful grant writing
- How to find foundations that may want to fund you
- How to determine if you're eligible to apply
- How to know how much to request when you do apply
- 15 questions to ask program officers before you apply
- 10 reasons you may not want to apply for a grant, even if you're eligible
This session includes an orientation of one free research tool and an introduction to two popular subscription databases.