No child grows up saying, "One day, I want to be a fundraiser!"
And very few adults been trained in best practices in the field of fundraising.
So, it's no surprise that so many staff and board members don't understand how fundraising really works.
Too many times, when you don't know something, you guess. And if you're guessing about fundraising, that probably means you're not achieving the results you want.
Based on Kay Sprinkel Grace's book, Fundraising Mistakes that Bedevil All Boards (and Staff, Too), this interactive session will challenge your way of thinking and shatter several fundraising myths along the way.
Participants will leave with conversation starters and actionable ideas to take back to other staff and board members.
Nonprofit Staff and Board Members
You can expect to learn answers to questions like:
- Where's the money, really? (The answer will surprise you.)
- What role does the economy play in giving?
- How can we raise money when we don't know any rich people?
- Don't we need to raise awareness before we can raise money?
- Do board members have to raise money? Isn't fundraising the staff's job?
Participants will receive a list of 40+ fundraising myths and mistakes to share with your staff and board members.