"HI, I'M LAURA! And I want to help you find more funders, win more grants and raise more money for your nonprofit. Are you ready?"
Laura Rhodes is a Certified Fund Raising Executive, Certified Grant Writer, and fundraising trainer who has 20+ years of experience working with and for nonprofits.
Laura started her nonprofit career in development and communications. She later served as an interim executive director. As a volunteer, Laura has been a board member, board chair, marketing committee chair and resource development committee chair. And prior to starting her consulting business, Laura was a regional program officer with the American Express Foundation, which awarded $30 million to nonprofits each year.
Having been both a grantmaker and a fundraiser, Laura uses her
unique perspective to help nonprofits find more funders, win more grants and raise more money for their cause.
Laura has helped nonprofits raise millions of dollars from grants, events, direct mail and workplace giving campaigns. She also provides prospect research and grant writing support for organizations that want to write their own grants.
She is a popular nonprofit conference speaker and leads
workshops and trainings for nonprofit staff and boards across the U.S.
Certifications & Professional Affiliations
- Certified Fund Raising Executive
- Certified Grant Writer
- Certificate of Nonprofit Board Education
- American Grant Writers' Association, Member
- Association of Fundraising Professionals, Member, Montana Chapter
- Association of Fundraising Professionals, Member, North Carolina-Western NC Chapter
- Association of Fundraising Professionals, Member, South Carolina-Lowcountry SC Chapter
- Guilford Nonprofit Consortium, Consultant
- HandsOn Northwest North Carolina, Consultant
- Montana Nonprofit Association, Affiliate Member
- North Carolina Center for Nonprofits, Consultant
- Together SC, Business Partner