No child grows up saying, "One day, I want to be a fundraiser!"
And very few adults have been trained in best practices in the field of fundraising.
There are a lot of misunderstandings in the fundraising field - and they could be holding you and your fundraising back.
Based on the teachings of nonprofit communications guru Tom Ahern, this short session will test your knowledge and debunk common myths. You will learn where to focus your effort and energy so you can raise more money.
Participants will leave with conversation starters and actionable ideas to take back to other staff and board members.
Nonprofit Staff and Board Members
You can expect to learn the following:
- Which comes first? Raising awareness or raising money?
- How old is a typical donor? What does that mean, and why does it matter?
- How many times can you ask a donor for money in one year? (The answer will shock you!)
- What works better in fundraising? Statistics or stories? Why?
- What works better in fundraising? Sad pictures or happy ones? Why?
Participants will receive a list of
20 simple questions (and their surprising answers) to share with your staff and board members.