Volunteers are passionate about the causes they love. What about your board?
Are your board members excited? Engaged? Eager to help?
Do your board members know what their roles and responsibilities are?
Many people don't have experience as board members let alone as fundraisers.
You need your board members to understand their roles as a board and as individual board members and how to do those jobs well.
Whether it's basic board education or board member engagement, Third Sector Consulting can get everyone on the same page and working together, to move your organization forward.
Sessions range from 60 minutes to full day, depending on need.
Actual topics and exercises will vary based on your specific needs.
- Board vs. Board Member
What's the difference and why does it matter?
- 10 Basic Roles and Responsibilities of Every Nonprofit Board
The board has certain responsibilities. Do you, as a board member, understand them?
- How Are We Doing as a Board?
Benchmark with other nonprofits to see how your organization compare
- Going From Good to Great
Characteristics of good, better, and the best board member
- Evaluating and Leveraging Our Individual Strengths
Understanding our individual strengths and our collective strengths
- Build an All-Star Board with a Recruitment Matrix
Who's already "on board?" And who do we need to strengthen our bench
- Recruiting New Board Members
Strategies for identifying and engaging new board members
- Keeping Board Members Engaged and Motivated
Strategies for keeping current board members excited and committed to the cause
- Strengthening Board and Staff Relations
The board and staff are like a twin-engine plane. Keep yours flying straight and high.
- Building a Culture of Philanthropy Throughout the Organization
It takes everyone, working together, to build a strong organization. You can do it!